Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Ecofeminism


Before viewing the readings on ecofeminism I had a sort of a negative view towards it. I had kind of a negative attitude towards it. I had not really ever read a lot on it but what I heard and thought the idea about it was all about hating men. After reading on the subject I found the idea to be out there a bit. I found ecofenminism to focus to much on a mystical connection between women and nature and not enough on the actual conditions of women. I found form the readings that ecofeminism is the social movement that regards the oppression of women and nature as interconnected. I also saw that it aimed to examine the interconnections between sexism, the domination of nature (including animals), and also racism and social inequalities. I also gathered that it hoped to fight the oppressions of gender, race, class and nature. I did not really have any strong feelings on the subject. I think that if you look you can see the forms of dominance all around you. I think that a problem that sometimes occurs is that people trying to stop the domination of one group by another tends to shift to far and then begins to oppress the group that was dominating in the beginning. I think that this is something that people should be careful to avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment